Debugging with LLDB on Windows

kinke noone at nowhere.com
Tue Feb 23 18:11:41 UTC 2021

On Tuesday, 23 February 2021 at 12:03:05 UTC, Siemargl wrote:
> Same executable, MS WinDbg X64 works, may set breakpoints in
> opened source code, step by step debugging works.
> Also Windbg commands worked fine bp Dmain, bp d_throw_exception
> working (without leading underscore!)

The generated CodeView has been checked/tailored for the VS
debugger (with both -g and -gc). The corresponding tests use the
`cdb` console debugger. I've noted some discrepancies between VS
and cdb too.

I haven't tested DWARF on Windows at all, and neither fired up
lldb a single time on Windows. I have no idea about its Windows
support. You could try `--debugger-tune=lldb` (a pure LLVM
option, doesn't affect LDC at all) and see if that improves
anything.