Cross-compiling a static binary from GitHub Actions

Vladimir Panteleev thecybershadow.lists at gmail.com
Sun Sep 26 13:17:56 UTC 2021

On Sunday, 26 September 2021 at 12:31:12 UTC, Vladimir Panteleev
wrote:
> On Sunday, 26 September 2021 at 07:57:33 UTC, Vladimir
> Panteleev wrote:
>> [snip]
>
> It works!
>
> https://github.com/CyberShadow/btdu/runs/3712470882
>
> Thank you!

Well, the build works, but the built program doesn't work.
Exceptions cause an abort and I think the process creation
problem is still there. Same thing both on my phone and on the
qemu docker thing. Maybe because of some difference because it's
not the same ARM variant or something?

Oh well, I'll have to leave this for another day.

I filed a bug against libphobos2-ldc-shared-dev in Debian because
you can't install multiarch versions side by side for cross
compiling, maybe if that's fixed then this will become a bit
easier.