Cross-compiling a static binary from GitHub Actions

kinke noone at nowhere.com
Sun Sep 26 17:31:35 UTC 2021

On Sunday, 26 September 2021 at 13:17:56 UTC, Vladimir Panteleev
wrote:
> Well, the build works, but the built program doesn't work.
> Exceptions cause an abort and I think the process creation
> problem is still there. Same thing both on my phone and on the
> qemu docker thing. Maybe because of some difference because
> it's not the same ARM variant or something?

Hmm, no idea - this basic stuff works for Travis on Ubuntu 18.04,
incl. a fully green dmd-testsuite, green std.process unittests,
and using the native dub build to build reggae. There are still
some failing library unittests on AArch64, like a hanging
core.thread and some Phobos modules (mostly wrt. incomplete
support for 128-bit quad-precision `real` AFAICT), but exceptions
and process creation work just fine there. Same reports for
Android AArch64. Maybe give it one more shot without `-static`
just to see if that changes things?