Calling external programs from D

Tydr Schnubbis fake at address.dude
Thu Apr 6 15:58:18 PDT 2006

Regan Heath wrote:
> On Thu, 6 Apr 2006 14:46:09 +0000 (UTC), Stuart Delaney
> <Stuart_member at pathlink.com> wrote:
>> There's a bug in the makeBlock functions in process.d. The first
>> parameter to
>> calloc should be 1 not 0. With that change (and the private readLine
>> one) it
>> works fine for me.  Don't have an answer to the OP's DNS problem though.
>
> You're dead right. With those changes it works for me too.

I've fixed the calloc calls too, but it doesn't help.  If I try to ping
google's IP, which is 64.233.167.99 according to ping, I get "Pinging
Error: 4invalid UTF-8 sequence".  Maybe my windows installation is
screwed, it's getting really old...

Btw, I use dmd 0.148, haven't tried this with any other version yet.