Where to start

Sean Kelly sean at f4.ca
Tue Apr 11 12:48:54 PDT 2006

No-one8 wrote:
> Hi,
> I have a lot of free time, and i just wanted to start to learn some new
> programming language. I'd use to by a Lingo programmer the past century, but im
> not familiarized with the language syntax such as C, C++, java, etc, etc, etc.
> Should i start learning some of those languages and then pass to D, or can i
> start learning D from the very,very,very beginning?.

D lacks the documentation and instructional materials of most other
languages, but I think the language itself should be quite
understandable to new programmers.  Certainly moreso than C++, at any
rate.  You could always try it and ask questions here if something
doesn't make sense.  Also, books on C++ and similar languages should
help with basic language syntax in D.  If you decide to buy a C++ book,
I reccommend "You Can Do It!" by Francis Glassborow or "Accelerated C++"
by Andrew Koenig and Barbara Moo.

Sean