[ot] D and graphics on Linux

Georg Wrede georg.wrede at nospam.org
Thu Apr 13 06:07:52 PDT 2006

BCS wrote:
> Georg Wrede wrote:
>
>> Slightly off-topic, but:
>>
>> Now, being a pay-project, I need to find a productive choice of
>> libraries and tools to maximise Productivity. (Specified as man-hours
>> to delivery.)
>>
> Is that only your man hours? With this crowd you might be able to get it
> mostly written while you are out fishing (or waterer).

Sure. But not paying everybody while I'm getting paid myself is
embarrassing. :-)

OTOH, we're all here doing free work for Walter, so maybe I shouldn't be
that embarrassed. :-P Besides, in my own mind I probably should think
I'm charging for consultation and delivery (just as if I were delivering
an OSS thing), and not for programming as such.

Then the code would be in the Public Domain, and so help other folks too.

> On the other
> hand, I'm sure you have some kind of deadline calender wise so letting
> us dink around with parts might no be a good idea (as it might get done
> using DMD v2.0).   :P

I can always blame the guys doing the welding and stuff!

> I'm glad to here this and hope to hear good results.

It would be cool for Walter to be able to brag around that D is already
used in Factory Control!!!