what editor/IDE do you use to write D code?

BCS BCS at pathlink.com
Thu Aug 24 11:25:10 PDT 2006

nobody wrote:
> BCS wrote:
>
>> nobody wrote:

>>> Thanks for the suggestion. I used TextPad to do the same.
>>> What strategy did you use? I think mine should be evident:
>>>
>>> Before:

>>> _pppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppp
>>>

>>> After:
>>> _ppnpnpnnnpnpnnnpnpnnnpnnnnnpnpnnnnnpnnnpnpnnnpnn
>>

>> 1> set a field of one "+" followed by lots of "*"
>>
>> 2> find+replace first "*" to "_"
>>
>> 3> reformat so that all lines are the same length with that "_" at the
>> end of the first line
>>     a> find+remove \n
>>     b> find last "_"
>>     c> insert \n
>>     d> [up][end][down][return][repeat]
>>
>> 4> set the last char on all lines after #1 to "+"   (s/.$/+/)
>>
>> 5> repeat from #2 untill no "*" remain
>>
>> the "_" are prime
>>

>> I did it up through about 10k
>

> Thanks for the reply. Sorry it took me so long to notice it. I might
> just have to look into EditPlus to see how other macros systems work. If
> you are interested in another challenge then you can try running a DFA
> on an input string. You might also try running a PDA on an input string.
> If you still want more of a challenge then perhaps you should try
> running either a dual stack PDA on an input string or just go for the
> Turing machine.
>
> I only had the patience to work my way up to the PDA. I have always
> planned to come back and try it again sometime. Might try again soon.

actually the macroing was limited to

[alt]+1
[alt]+2 (repeat until eof)
[alt]+3
repeat from top

it really doesn't' have much logic ability to it, but if you are willing
to do some typing, you can automate a lot of stuff.

Another text editor I use is PCwrite (c1980). With repeat-forever macros
and macroed copy/past to and from the find and replace you can get a lot
done.