Converting libmemcache header to module

Brad Anderson brad at dsource.org
Mon Dec 4 06:36:36 PST 2006

Morgan McDermott wrote:
> I'm working on porting the libmemcache header file from C to D, and
> everything went rather smoothly... except for one part.
>
> The header file includes many other header files not included in the
> std.c package, so I'm wondering what the best method to approach this
> would be. In particular, it wants the following files:
> "/usr/include/netdb.h"
> "/usr/include/sys/cdefs.h"
> "/usr/include/sys/cdefs.h"
> "/usr/include/bits/wordsize.h"
> "/usr/include/sys/cdefs.h"
> "/usr/include/features.h"
> "/usr/include/gnu/stubs.h"
>
> I could go about and port all of these to D modules, but I'm not
> particularly fond of this option for obvious reasons :). Any suggestions?
>
> Thanks for your time,
>   ~Morgan McDermott
>
> ::You can also see this post:
>     http://www.dsource.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=2099::

http://www.dsource.org/projects/bcd

Its prerequisites make the setup not for the faint of heart.  But maybe I
could play like I'm upset with Gregor for that business over in D or
D.announce, about the closed source.  Then he'll just generate it for me.

BA

P.S.  I have an interest in using memcached for dsource, and even though the
site is Python now, having libmemcached wrapped for D seems like it would be a
*good* thing.