Talking to non-D libraries

Anders F Björklund afb at algonet.se
Mon Feb 20 01:08:32 PST 2006

Chris wrote:

> I've tried the original .libs too they also cannot be recognized.

If you want to use them with DMC/DMD, you need to convert them first.

There should be a tool to do this for you:
ftp://ftp.digitalmars.com/coffimplib.zip

> I've tried the version found here: http://shinh.skr.jp/d/porting.html
> and it works. Then there is a SDL_image.d file but no lib for it and I
> cannot make it link in any way.

You need to convert the original library then, for use with DMC/DMD.
It can be found from here: http://www.libsdl.org/projects/SDL_image/

> I'm reading this:
> http://www.digitalmars.com/d/interfaceToC.html
> http://www.digitalmars.com/d/htomodule.html
>
> And I still don't understand what to do ;).

That's OK, but please give your OS and D compiler next time...
http://www.prowiki.org/wiki4d/wiki.cgi?D__Tutorial/BugReports

--anders