newsgroup moved to new server...

Jan Knepper jan at smartsoft.us
Sat Jul 22 12:52:07 PDT 2006

All,

The newsgroups (actually digitalmars.com) has moved to a new server with
much more processor power Dual Opteron 2.0 Ghz, with 8 times as much RAM
and about 8 times as much disk space). Overall this should result in an
8*+ or so improvement.

Unfortunately there were some issue's getting all the news articles
moved over. It should be fine now and posting should work again as well.
However, the articles might all show as un-read when you reconnect to
news.digitalmars.com. (They did for me in Thunderbird
www.mozilla.org/thunderbird/). I am not sure that there is anything I
could do to prevent this at this moment.

Let me know if there are any problems.

Thanks!
Jan

--
ManiaC++
Jan Knepper

But as for me and my household, we shall use Mozilla...
www.mozilla.org