String Basics

Stewart Gordon smjg_1998 at yahoo.com
Sun Jul 23 05:02:13 PDT 2006

Kent Boogaart wrote:
<snip>
> Or they could develop their own string class and be done with it. But this means
> that almost every decent-sized D project will have its own string
> implementation. Obviously not good.
<snip top of upside-down reply>

Only if nearly every D programmer is an OO purist.

http://www.digitalmars.com/d/overview.html
"Who D is Not For"
"Language purists. D is a practical language, and each feature of it is
evaluated in that light, rather than by an ideal. For example, D has
constructs and semantics that virtually eliminate the need for pointers
for ordinary tasks. But pointers are still there, because sometimes the
rules need to be broken. Similarly, casts are still there for those
times when the typing system needs to be overridden."

Stewart.

--

My e-mail is valid but not my primary mailbox.  Please keep replies on
the 'group where everyone may benefit.