GDC Mac X-compiler

BCS BCS at pathlink.com
Fri Jun 9 13:40:17 PDT 2006

Anders F Björklund wrote:
> BCS wrote:
>
>> Does anyone have a version of GDC mac that will run on x86 running win
>> or Linux? I am now working on a (I think) PPC6 board but running a
>> compiler on it is not possible. If it is a trivial matter to build GDC
>> Mac for x86, just a few pointers to how-to's would be appreciated.
>

> Maybe I am missing something, but why do you want a Mac OS X build for
> your PPC6 board ? (unless it is already running a Mac OS X - somehow)
>
> Do you mean a *PowerPC* cross-compiler ? (which should be feasible to
> build using the GDC 0.18 release, I think - depending on the target OS)
>
> --anders

I known a little more than nothing about Macs and PPC (A.K.A. PowerPC).

What I have is an embedded, PPC based, controller board that I am
programming on and want to get D code compiled for it. IIRC Macs use PPC
and therefor I am assuming that the GDC mac compiler is generating PPC
code. However, the only systems available to compile on are x86.

So I need a D compiler and associated stuff that will run on an x86 and
generate PPC6 ELF files.

If I am in error with some of my assumptions, please point them out.

If you are still confused as to what I want, don't worry, I now am also.