GDC Mac X-compiler

Anders F Björklund afb at algonet.se
Sat Jun 10 00:44:47 PDT 2006

BCS wrote:

> I known a little more than nothing about Macs and PPC (A.K.A. PowerPC).

Ok :-)

Macs are now using both PPC (PowerPC) and X86 (Intel), by the way...

> What I have is an embedded, PPC based, controller board that I am
> programming on and want to get D code compiled for it. IIRC Macs use PPC
> and therefor I am assuming that the GDC mac compiler is generating PPC
> code. However, the only systems available to compile on are x86.
>
> So I need a D compiler and associated stuff that will run on an x86 and
> generate PPC6 ELF files.

I think you will need a PowerPC cross-compiler to whatever OS the board
runs (Linux?). The Mac OS X / Darwin GDC versions generate Mach-O files.

GDC 0.18 should compile out of the box on PPC Linux, I think David said.
You need to set the --target with configure, see GDC docs for details ?

--anders