Internal error from DMD

Jarrett Billingsley kb3ctd2 at yahoo.com
Sat Jun 24 18:39:00 PDT 2006

"Bradley Smith" <digitalmars-com at baysmith.com> wrote in message
news:449CF0E7.3020107 at baysmith.com...
>I didn't mean to be overly critical of the compiler. I wasn't sure how to
>interpret the "Internal error" message, and I just wanted to confirm that
>the objective was to not have any internal errors.

Oh no, I didn't take it that way.  Don't worry about it.

> What is the proper procedure for reporting a bug?

The most proper is through the D bugzilla:
http://d.puremagic.com/bugzilla/index.cgi

You'll set up an account and then you can add the bug using the "Enter a new
issue" link.  As far as I can find, this issue hasn't been added to bugzilla
yet.

> Thanks for the pointer about Box and Object. I'm still learning how D
> handles data.

Sure.  Just wondering what you're trying to store?  There might be a simpler
way to store it, whatever it is; I've personally never had to use boxes,
though maybe you're coming from a dynamically typed background.