Unixes support

Ricardo Navarro Vasquez Ricardo_member at pathlink.com
Mon Mar 27 07:40:07 PST 2006

Hi,

I've been reading a lot and there are some questions I would like to ask:

- How well supported are the Unixes/Posix OS's? Compared with Windows?
- Are DMD and GDC incompatibles?
- What about GDB? Will it be fully supported?
- For wich architectures are compilers planed? SPARC, x86-64?
- Is D well suited for developing real-time and embedded systems?

I'm very intersted to migrate to D as it greatly improves C. However, the
industry I'm currently working in (Aerospatial), reliability is a must, Windows
is seldom seen and SPARC's wander everywhere.
"THE" debugging tool is GDB, not only because it is a fine piece of art, it also
can be used to remote debug embedded's via RS232 or ethernet, supports emulated
real-time (with rdbmon) and works with all the standard languages of the
industry (Fortran, ADA & C).

Thank you very much,

Ricardo.