D multimedia programming - a new website

Anders F Björklund afb at algonet.se
Wed May 3 04:37:33 PDT 2006

h3r3tic wrote:

> I've created a new website, http://dmedia.dprogramming.com/ dedicated to
> multimedia development using the D language. It will include information
> about SDL, OpenGL, font rendering, sound, game programming and more :)

I have some information on how to use SDL and OpenGL "cross-platform"
(i.e. including the Macintosh, as well as Windows and Linux platforms)

But it doesn't use DMD compiler or Build utility or Derelict bindings.
Is that a problem for "dmedia.dprogramming.com"? What's the doc license?

> If you have some multimedia programming knowledge you'd like to share,
> you're welcome to join us and write a tutorial for the D community  :)

I have SDL ("testbitmap"), GL ("gears"), AL ("testal") and one SDL+GL.
For SDL 1.2.9, OpenGL 1.2.1, OpenAL 1.2.1 - all with GDC and GNU Make.

Currently at http://www.algonet.se/~afb/d/, but moving over to gdcmac.
Just have to wrap it up and write the "Tutorial" style docs for it...

--anders