D multimedia programming - a new website

Tom S h3r3tic at remove.mat.uni.torun.pl
Wed May 3 04:59:31 PDT 2006

Anders F Björklund wrote:
> I have some information on how to use SDL and OpenGL "cross-platform"
> (i.e. including the Macintosh, as well as Windows and Linux platforms)
>
> But it doesn't use DMD compiler or Build utility or Derelict bindings.
> Is that a problem for "dmedia.dprogramming.com"? What's the doc license?

Not a problem at all. I think it's important to show people that there
are more ways of setting up multimedia stuff in a way that can work not
only with dmd on windows and linux. In the long run though, I think
Derelict will be a good solution, because it will be getting static
linking capabilities soon, so it will also work on a Mac.
The doc's license ? I dont care too much about licenses, so I guess it's
some sort of public domain, or BSD, so that the article can be included
anywhere provided that it doesn't contain false information ;)

> I have SDL ("testbitmap"), GL ("gears"), AL ("testal") and one SDL+GL.
> For SDL 1.2.9, OpenGL 1.2.1, OpenAL 1.2.1 - all with GDC and GNU Make.

I'm writing a second part of the tutorial that will use the following
code: http://dmedia.dprogramming.com/Main/WikiSandbox so I think it
should cover some OpenGL and SDL stuff, but still AL and SDL tutorials
would be great to have :)

Thanks for your interest !

--

Tomasz Stachowiak  /+ a.k.a. h3r3tic +/