D multimedia programming - a new website

Tom S h3r3tic at remove.mat.uni.torun.pl
Wed May 3 06:01:12 PDT 2006

Anders F Björklund wrote:
> You don't really need "static linking" for it to work on the Mac, so I
> don't really understand what you mean here. Derelict doesn't work simply
> because there are no build scripts, nor code, for Mac OS X ("darwin")...
>
> The OpenGL shared library is in "/System/Library/OpenGL.framework",
> normally linked with "-framework OpenGL". SDL can be linked in two
> ways, either with SDL.framework (Mac) or with libSDL.dylib (Unix).
>
> Or did you mean "without using function pointers", with your "static" ?

Yup, without using function pointers and dynamic loading thru Derelict.
It doesn't currently support Mac, but I guess it will be easy to use it
there when it get static linking capabilities.

> If you want people to contribute to it, you need to settle on a license.
>
> Wiki4D is under the GNU Free Documentation License, so that is more GPL
> and "Free Software". If you want something like BSD and "Open Source",
> then I think an Open Content license would work best? Or, you could give
> up copyright and place it in Public Domain. But I'm not sure about that.
>
> See for instance http://opencontent.org/ or http://creativecommons.org/

Thanks for the suggestions.

I'm not sure what license the contributing autors would prefer. How
about giving them an option to choose one of the CC licenses ?
this one: http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc/2.5/
or this:  http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/2.5/
Each tutorial/article would then hold a licensing information.

> The code from last year is in the CVS, at http://www.algonet.se/~afb/d/

That CVS doesn't seem to like me, but if you consider some code good for
the site, an article would be more than welcome :)

--

Tomasz Stachowiak  /+ a.k.a. h3r3tic +/