gdcwin for linking with Visual Studio libs?

Anders F Björklund afb at algonet.se
Tue Oct 17 06:27:01 PDT 2006

Bill Baxter wrote:

> What's the difference between gdcwin and the mingw pagckage on the dgcc
> site?

None whatsoever, is the idea...

Just that I started doing binary packages (with installers),
before GDC had moved to the new home and provided them too.

I think the only difference now is the format: .tbz vs .exe ?
(I created it using the Nullsoft Scriptable Install System)

> And then there's the one you can get from the cygwin installer.

I think that's a much older GDC version, but I haven't checked:

http://cygwin.com/packages/gcc-gdc/

Note here that Cygwin and MinGW are not exactly the same thing.

> Is that the same as dgcc's mingw package?

Unfortunately I'm not 100% aware of the options that David
used to create the MinGW builds of GDC, on the dgcc page. :-(

But for my own builds (gdcwin), I used the very same options
(+ D language) as the other GCC packages available for MinGW:

http://osdn.dl.sourceforge.net/mingw/gcc-3.4.2-build.sh
http://osdn.dl.sourceforge.net/mingw/gcc-3.4.5-build.sh

However, I changed the languages to: --enable-languages=c,c++,d
Should have posted this information on the site long ago, sorry.

--anders