Getting going with D/OpenGL

Anders F Björklund afb at algonet.se
Mon Oct 23 03:16:08 PDT 2006

Bill Baxter wrote:

> Do they all support OpenGL 2.0?  Looks like Derelict
> does now.

I think that Derelict and Jamie Pelcis bindings* do now.
(* see D.announce/2982, but summerseas.com seems gone ?)

The DedicateD bindings used Microsofts GL 1.1 (I think)
and for my updated version I used SGI's SI: OpenGL 1.2
So you would have to use GL's extension mechanisms, to
use the newer features with those older import modules.

(DedicateD is still at http://int19h.tamb.ru/files.html)

I'm thinking to update mine to use Mesa3D and FreeGLUT,
instead of the SGI OpenGL and GLUT that I currently have.
i.e. use the newer open source versions, instead of the
old and unmaintained vendor reference implementations...

Then again OpenGL 1.x is working just fine for "gears" :-)
And most people seem to prefer the Derelict loaders, so.

--anders