SDL and a 'proper' forum

Daniel White twinbee40 at skytopia.com
Fri Sep 1 17:46:23 PDT 2006

Hi all,
I'm a relative newbie to C/C++, but I am interested in learning D
because of its supposed merits over the aforementioned.

I am interested to know how easily I can use libraries such as the
graphics libraries SDL and GTK/QT.

Rather than an IDE, I would prefer to use my own text editor such as
EditPlus to compile. Do I have to worry about things like using a
makefile, or don't headers exist in D? It would be nice for an
approach where all the info is self-contained in each file, and I can
just 'include' other .d files easily in that same file (no headers).
However, if so, how does the compiler intelligently know not to
recompile already compiled files?

Finally, it would be nice for this site to operate a 'normal' forum
like phpBB. You can split the forum into topics, and there can be
threads and such. How about it?

Cheers, Daniel
http://www.skytopia.com