Why are opCall's not implicitely assignable?

Karen Lanrap karen at digitaldaemon.com
Tue Sep 26 05:09:22 PDT 2006

Mike Parker wrote:

> make your code as readable as possible.

Without any measure of readability this requirement is as useful as
the word user-friendly.

COBOL is known as a language where everything is extremely readable.

C and some other languages are known to be more readable than D
because they distinguish between pointers ( ^, -> ) and fields ( . ).

A dialect of BASIC declares itself to be more readable by allowing
the point to be part of identifiers ( "a.b.c" is one legal
identifier).

Txl replaces "f(g(h(p)))" by "p[h][g][f]".

Must I mention APL? ( to me its close to brainf***)

Have you ever thaught about the consequences of the "with"-statement?

In the sense of "with" would it any more readable to code:

prepend( COLOR) append( color){
  roof     = LIGHTBLUE;
  seats[0] = DARKBLUE;
  // ...