Why are opCall's not implicitely assignable?

Ivan Senji ivan.senji_REMOVE_ at _THIS__gmail.com
Tue Sep 26 08:10:18 PDT 2006

Karen Lanrap wrote:
> Mike Parker wrote:
>
>> make your code as readable as possible.
>
> Without any measure of readability this requirement is as useful as
> the word user-friendly.

There are measures of readability, but I doubt there is such a measure
everyone would agree on.

> In the sense of "with" would it any more readable to code:
>
> prepend( COLOR) append( color){
>   roof     = LIGHTBLUE;
>   seats[0] = DARKBLUE;
>   // ...

No it wouldn't be any more readable because it still wouldn't make *any*
sense. Roof *is*not* LIGHTBLUE, it's color is LIGHTBLUE, seats[0] is
*not* DARKBLUE, it is a Seat and it's color is DARKBLUE.

> instead of:
>
>   roof.color     = COLOR.LIGHTBLUE;
>   seats[0].color = COLOR.DARKBLUE;
>   // ...

I read through this thread and still don't get it why you think that
there is something wrong with this.