multi-platform support in tango

Jason House jason.james.house at gmail.com
Wed Aug 22 07:12:12 PDT 2007

As I sit here struggling to get tango to work with gdc, I'm poking around the tango website and notice that there's really a lot missing with respect to different "standard configurations" that should be expected.  More specifically, there's 3 common variations:
  dmd vs. gdc
  windows vs. linux vs. mac
  32 bit vs. 64 bit.

I believe that dmd only supports windows, linux, and 32 bit, so the number of options are a bit reduced.

At http://www.dsource.org/projects/tango/wiki/GdcDownloads, only 32 bit linux options are given/mentioned.

At http://www.dsource.org/projects/tango/wiki/PhobosTangoCooperation, only dmd on windows is handled

What plan is there to update these pages, and how can I help?  Sadly, I've yet to get tango + gdc + (linux, mac, or cygwin) to work, so I may be of less use than I'd like.  Of course, that problem is what inspired me to write this post.