multi-platform support in tango

Carlos Santander csantander619 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 22 09:09:42 PDT 2007

Jason House escribió:
> As I sit here struggling to get tango to work with gdc, I'm poking around the
> tango website and notice that there's really a lot missing with respect to
> different "standard configurations" that should be expected.  More
> specifically, there's 3 common variations: dmd vs. gdc windows vs. linux vs.
> mac 32 bit vs. 64 bit.
>
> I believe that dmd only supports windows, linux, and 32 bit, so the number of
> options are a bit reduced.
>
> At http://www.dsource.org/projects/tango/wiki/GdcDownloads, only 32 bit linux
> options are given/mentioned.
>
> At http://www.dsource.org/projects/tango/wiki/PhobosTangoCooperation, only
> dmd on windows is handled
>

> What plan is there to update these pages, and how can I help?  Sadly, I've
> yet to get tango + gdc + (linux, mac, or cygwin) to work, so I may be of less
> use than I'd like.  Of course, that problem is what inspired me to write this
> post.

Have you checked http://dsource.org/projects/tango/wiki/UnixInstallGdc ?

It's not really difficult. Once you have a working GDC, go to the lib directory
in Tango, and run build-gdc.sh, and then install-gdc.sh (most likely with sudo).
To go back to Phobos, just run install-gdc.sh --uninstall.

--
Carlos Santander Bernal