dmd or gdc install on Ubuntu AMD64

Tue Jun 12 17:08:36 PDT 2007

François-Xavier Pineau wrote:
> I have downloaded the archive:
> "gdc-0.23-x86_64-linux-gcc-4.1.1.tar.bz2"
> from sourceforge but I d'ont realy know what to do with it.
> I d'ont know what arguments I should use when configuring gcc...
> I have tried
>> configure -prefix=/usr/local/gcc-4.1 --enable-languages=c,d,c++
> But when doing:
>> make install
> I have an error saying:
>> /bin/sh ../mkinstalldirs /usr/local/gcc-4.1 /usr/local/gcc-4.1
>> cd: 5: can't cd to ./fixincludes
>
> I'am not an expert so please, if someone succeed installing dmd or
> gdc on an AMD64 Ubuntu...

That's a binary package, so there's no need to configure. Just unpack it
somewhere and optionally make sure its bin/ directory is in your $PATH.

I found it very convenient :).

(DMD's a bit trickier to install on AMD64; like I said in the thread you
linked, the only way I got it to work was in a 32-bit chroot)