dmd or gdc install on Ubuntu AMD64

François-Xavier Pineau fxpineau at gmail.com
Wed Jun 13 10:07:20 PDT 2007

Frits van Bommel wrote:

> François-Xavier Pineau wrote:
>> I have downloaded the archive:
>> "gdc-0.23-x86_64-linux-gcc-4.1.1.tar.bz2"
>> from sourceforge but I d'ont realy know what to do with it.
>> I d'ont know what arguments I should use when configuring gcc...
>> I have tried
>>> configure -prefix=/usr/local/gcc-4.1 --enable-languages=c,d,c++
>> But when doing:
>>> make install
>> I have an error saying:
>>> /bin/sh ../mkinstalldirs /usr/local/gcc-4.1 /usr/local/gcc-4.1
>>> cd: 5: can't cd to ./fixincludes
>>
>> I'am not an expert so please, if someone succeed installing dmd or
>> gdc on an AMD64 Ubuntu...
>
> That's a binary package, so there's no need to configure. Just unpack it
> somewhere and optionally make sure its bin/ directory is in your $PATH.
>
> I found it very convenient :).
>

> (DMD's a bit trickier to install on AMD64; like I said in the thread you
> linked, the only way I got it to work was in a 32-bit chroot)

Hummm! Yeap! It's very more convenient like this...
Sorry for having disturbing for such a simple task...
I wanted to follow the install describe on
http://dgcc.sourceforge.net/gdc/install.html
(ok, no excuse ;) )

It works now, thanks!

Just a question:
with dmd it seams possible to execute a .d file like a script with:

It is possible with gdc too??
I'am just able to compile using:
 gdmd myprog.d