Q: DSSS: Library name being prefixed with S

Derek Parnell derek at nomail.afraid.org
Thu Jun 14 00:46:58 PDT 2007

On Wed, 13 Jun 2007 21:55:53 -0700, Kirk McDonald wrote:

> Derek Parnell wrote:
>>> (Which causes the usual litany of problems.)
>>
>> What are these problems? I've not had them myself.
>>

> Primarily, this causes issues if the source files are located in
> directories to which the user does not have write access.

A very good point indeed. It is because I don't work in such an environment
(with D) I haven't had these issues.

Of course, it would be better if the compiler did this rather than 3rd
party tools, so we should be lobbying the C++ lads that influence Walter to
get DMD improved. <G>

I'll start working on Bud to provide this capability. I don't have Rebuild
so my implementation of the concept is likely to be different, but I hope
still useful.

--
Derek
(skype: derek.j.parnell)