New User Questions (EditorSupport wiki entry)

jcc7 technocrat7 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 25 13:16:37 PDT 2007

== Quote from Bruno Medeiros (brunodomedeiros+spam at com.gmail)'s article
> Bruno Medeiros wrote:
> >>
> >> There are a few IDEs which can use DMD. Here's a list of editors:
> >> http://www.prowiki.org/wiki4d/wiki.cgi?EditorSupport
> >>

> > Hum, that page looks quite outdated, maybe it should be cleaned up
> > a bit? (for instance start marking discontinued editors?)
> >
> Ok, I've updated that page: put the list under a tabled and added
> some info about the projects I know. If anyone has more info about
> other projects do add that as well.
> It should be well worth to keep that entry updated, it's the single
> most read entry in the D wiki.

Unfortunately, most abandoned projects don't have obituaries published when they
are abandoned. Maybe it'd easier just to list "pros" and "cons". Features that
work well are "pros". Bugs are "cons".

Or maybe we should have an "endorsed" editor (or editors) where one editor (or a
few editors) is mentioned at the top of the page with a few reasons why it's a
great editor. Personally, I usually use SciTE these days because it's lightweight,
flexible, and supports many languages out of the box. (And it's support of D
syntax includes correct handling of nested comments, too.)