formal writing

Stewart Gordon smjg_1998 at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 29 11:59:39 PDT 2007

"Pieter Valdano" <pieter_ambonese at yahoo.co.id> wrote in message
news:f5skoa$1etq$1 at digitalmars.com...
> i have a project in my campus...i take D programming language as a
> topic...  unfortune me, i get trouble in my writing...please help
> me to solve my problem.
>
> 1.  in C and D has same way to declare variable right?.  but what
> the differencies between C and D in variable declaration?.  does
> identifiers influence the way of declare variabel between D and C?.
<snip>

The basic syntax is the same, but there's a handful of differences:

(a) declaring pointers:

    int* qwert, yuiop;

declares both qwert and yuiop to be pointers in D.

(b) array declaration notation:

    int[42] asdfg;

whereas C requires

    int asdfg[42];

(c) function pointer notation:

    int function(float) hjkl;

compared to the more awkward C notation

    int (*hjkl)(float);

(d) D can do a lot more than C can do here.

Stewart.