Make Optlink not create a .map file

Mike Parker aldacron71 at yahoo.com
Thu May 10 23:57:03 PDT 2007

torhu wrote:
> Derek Parnell wrote:
>> You have heard of Rebuild and Bud, no?
>
> Sure, but this is for a library, so I try not to make it depend on tools
> that doesn't come with the compiler.

I feel the same way about libraries most of the time, but I think Bud
and Rebuild are both sufficiently pervasive in the D community that it
doesn't matter. For a new library I'm working on, I decided against
Tango because it's not really an easy dependency to set up (i.e., not
newbie-friendly). But I have no hesitation about requiring Bud to build
it. I've long required Bud to build the Derelict libraries and that's
worked just fine. In fact, I always recommend that users don't bother
with the build script and just use Bud or Rebuild to compile Derelict
packages with their apps.