Make Optlink not create a .map file

torhu fake at address.dude
Fri May 11 00:57:09 PDT 2007

Mike Parker wrote:
> torhu wrote:
>> Sure, but this is for a library, so I try not to make it depend on tools
>> that doesn't come with the compiler.
>
> I feel the same way about libraries most of the time, but I think Bud
> and Rebuild are both sufficiently pervasive in the D community that it
> doesn't matter. For a new library I'm working on, I decided against
> Tango because it's not really an easy dependency to set up (i.e., not
> newbie-friendly). But I have no hesitation about requiring Bud to build
> it. I've long required Bud to build the Derelict libraries and that's
> worked just fine. In fact, I always recommend that users don't bother
> with the build script and just use Bud or Rebuild to compile Derelict
> packages with their apps.

The problem is when you need to build things like 49 example programs.
DM make works for that, it's just the .map files that it leaves behind
that are annoying.  But I guess it's not that much trouble to create a
batch file that does it all with just dmd.  All the dependencies can be
listed in a response file, so I don't have to repeat them for each app.

I used to think it was okay to require bud/build, but since Rebuild
entered the stage, it's not that 'standard' anymore.