dmd ignoring dmd.conf

Christopher Wright dhasenan at gmail.com
Tue Oct 9 15:25:05 PDT 2007

Hey everyone.

DMD seems to be ignoring /etc/dmd.conf for me. I'm trying to switch to
Tango, and I realized that libtango.a wasn't being linked when compiling
the standard hello world. So everything works when I add -L-ltango to
the command to compile.

I modify my /etc/dmd.conf, which now reads:
[Environment]
DFLAGS=-L-ltango

Try compiling again without -L-ltango explicitly mentioned. Same failure
as before.

When I was editing dmd.conf, I noticed that there were -I flags there
that had not shown up before.

I have dmd installed in /usr/bin, tango in /usr/lib, and everything else
in /usr/include/d. Does dmd assume this setup and only look at dmd.conf
if that fails? What can I do to fix it?