dmd ignoring dmd.conf

Steven Schveighoffer schveiguy at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 10 06:36:45 PDT 2007

"Christopher Wright" wrote
> Hey everyone.
>
> DMD seems to be ignoring /etc/dmd.conf for me. I'm trying to switch to
> Tango, and I realized that libtango.a wasn't being linked when compiling
> the standard hello world. So everything works when I add -L-ltango to the
> command to compile

First, I'm assuming you are using linux.  If you are not, then you are
totally off base, you should be using sc.ini

Second, /etc/ is not the first location that dmd looks for a configuration
file.  From the digital mars page
http://www.digitalmars.com/d/dcompiler.html:

dmd will look for the initialization file dmd.conf in the following sequence
of directories:

  1.. current working directory
  2.. directory specified by the HOME environment variable
  3.. directory dmd resides in
  4.. /etc/
-Steve