lua for d

Anders Bergh anders1 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 10 12:00:39 PDT 2007

On 10/10/07, John <jpm9n at virginia.edu> wrote:
> I'm trying to learn d and a little bit of lua too. Some places I've found lua "bindings" for d. Am I mistaken in thinking this will let me call lua scripts from my d program?

I think those are for Lua 5.0, if you want Lua 5.1 you can check out
my bindings: http://code.google.com/p/dlua/

There's even a static Lua library for dmd compiled with dmc in case
you don't want any DLL's lying around. There's also an import library
in case you don't mind them.

The Lua API is the same in D, so you can pretty much follow the
"programming in lua" sections on the C API and then just adapt that
code to D (which is pretty simple).

Anders