bud and lib paths

Derek Parnell derek at nomail.afraid.org
Tue Oct 16 21:59:56 PDT 2007

On Tue, 16 Oct 2007 17:18:13 +0200, torhu wrote:

> Derek Parnell wrote:
>   > You have found a bug in Bud. The problem is not the library path as
> such,
>> but it doesn't recognize the library name correctly. I'll work on this
>> tonight.
>>

> Thanks!  Will there be a new release of bud soon?  Bud and rebuild have
> different weak spots, but for us Windows/DMD users, bud seems to still
> be the best option.  DSSS and Rebuild seem to be tailored to linux and GDC.
>
> I also appreciate bud being largely indifferent to which version of the
> D language it parses, while rebuild's use of the dmd front-end makes it
> choke on new D syntax. Every annoyance counts.

Unfortunately, 2.006 has broken a whole lot of code. I've being going
through the fix ups all day and I guess I'm about half done. The use of
".idup" is becoming very pervasive! The main culprit is trying to append
std.path.sep and similar "literals" to 'string' variables.

Then I've got to get it V1 compatible again so that I suspect will also
bring a new set of nightmares.

--
Derek
(skype: derek.j.parnell)