Best way to "convert" a real to ireal

Christian Kamm kamm.incasoftware at shift-at-left-and-remove-this.de
Thu Sep 13 04:57:05 PDT 2007

> creal have .re and .im properties, but .im returns a real, not an ireal
> as I would expect. Is there another property that will return the
> imaginary part as an ireal? I can't seem to find the creal properties
> documented anywhere.

I don't think there is. The properties are mentioned here
http://www.digitalmars.com/d/property.html
among the properties of floating point types, but not really documented.

I expect .im behaves the way it does since that's how it's used in
mathematics. So c.im * 1.0i is the right way to make it an ireal.

Christian