Tango I/O bug?

Jason House jason.james.house at gmail.com
Tue Sep 18 07:56:23 PDT 2007

Sadly, this simple fix isn't the solution.  Here's what I got back (via e-mail)...

> This part is likely your problem: "It does real time communication in
> plain text with a 3rd party controlling application"
> That probably means the output is redirected and not sent to an actual
> console, right?
> The default behavior for Stdout is to auto-flush only if the output is
> sent to an actual console (i.e. isn't redirected).

Well, it is sent to an actual console. I mean I just start housebot
by hand
and interact with it.

> To make sure flushing occurs, execute "Stdout.flush = true;" somewhere
> at the start of your program (main(), a static this(), or just right
> before the first output).

I tried that. I added the import for tango.io.Stdout to housebot.d
and added
"Stdout.flush = true;" at the beginning of main(), just after the
variable
declarations. But nothing changed.