How to include Python Modules in a D Program?

Jon SchaduwBlink at hotmail.com
Mon Sep 24 14:14:39 PDT 2007

Hi,

I am fairly new to D, and I would like to write a program that uses a bunch
of modules that were written in Python. This is the reverse of what I have
read where people use D written dlls in a python program. I have a lot of
modules that would take too long to translate to D: a lot of files and
several thousand lines of code each. So, it would be nice if I could use
these modules with the D program. There are just some features of D that I
want to use and I can only get away with these features if the program is a
compiled program. Sometimes the python modules will not be used, for
example, there is a safe mode that uses no external libraries at all in case
something is broken, then you can at least start the program to back things
up properly. The only way to do that is to have a compiled binary. Plus, I
want to learn more about D application writing and not dll writing. :P I
would appreciate it if someone could explain it very thoroughly.

Thanks,
Jon