building OpenMesh/D

Bill Baxter dnewsgroup at billbaxter.com
Wed Sep 26 10:22:00 PDT 2007

Jilani wrote:
> I have tried to build OpenMesh/D but in vain. I did (from the dos command line):
> dsss build
> But the sytem (*), after a while, hangs infinetely with 100% CPU usage. What
> am I missing?
> Thank you.
> Ji
>
> (*)
> - Intel P4 2.4 GH with  512 MB of RAM
> - Windows 2000 Pro
> - dmd 1.021

I think I can confirm that.  Did you get the big linker line to print
out first?  That's what I get, then it seems to hang.

My advice would be to not attempt to compile it as a .lib.
It's almost completely templates anyway, so there's not much the
compiler can know to instantiate.  I just check in a change that makes
it a dsss sourcelibrary rather than library.  So now dsss build will
work (but it won't really do much :-)

I actually haven't tried to build it as a lib for a while.  Thanks for
pointing it out.

Instead you should try compiling the demo programs in OpenMesh/Apps ...
but looks like those have been broken by some recent changes I made.
Hang on a bit while I fix those.

--bb