building OpenMesh/D

Bill Baxter dnewsgroup at billbaxter.com
Wed Sep 26 12:00:32 PDT 2007

Tomas Lindquist Olsen wrote:
> Jilani wrote:
>
>> I have tried to build OpenMesh/D but in vain. I did (from the dos command
>> line): dsss build
>> But the sytem (*), after a while, hangs infinetely with 100% CPU usage.
>> What am I missing?
>> Thank you.
>> Ji
>>
>> (*)
>> - Intel P4 2.4 GH with  512 MB of RAM
>> - Windows 2000 Pro
>> - dmd 1.021
>
> I recently had a problem similar to this. Upgrading DSSS to the latest
> version fixed it if I recall correctly.

There is definitely still a hanging bug in .72.1.  Gregor said that it's
fixed the not-yet-released 0.73.   (The bug I'm talking about comes from
failing to close or properly balance nested constructs like parentheses.)

But anyway those hangs usually happen before any linker line appears,
probably during dsss's initial scan to find imports.

This seems to be happening after, so I'm not sure what it could be.

I just tried building the docs, though (dsss build --docs), and
apparently '--docs' makes dsss revert to trying to build a .lib.  Not
sure if that's from necessity or just a bug.  I suspect the latter,
because I think dmd generate docs one-file-at-a-time without building a
lib.
--bb