-L-ldl needed on Linux

Tower Ty towerty at msn.com.au
Sat Apr 12 03:53:09 PDT 2008

Bill Baxter Wrote:

> Unknown W. Brackets wrote:

I'm interested here in understanding another difference between Linux and Windows.
Chris Miller used Entice Designer to construct a GUI with the following imports

1	/*
2	    Generated by Entice Designer
3	    Entice Designer written by Christopher E. Miller
4	    www.dprogramming.com/entice.php
5	*/
6
7	import dwt.DWT;
8	import dwt.widgets.Display, dwt.widgets.Shell;
9	import dwt.widgets.Group, dwt.widgets.Text;
10	import dwt.widgets.Label, dwt.widgets.Combo;
11	import dwt.graphics.Color, dwt.graphics.Rectangle;
12	import dwt.widgets.MessageBox;
13
14
15	class MyShell
16	{
17	    // Do not modify or move this block of variables.
18	    //~Entice Designer variables begin here.
19	    dwt.widgets.Shell.Shell shell;
20	    dwt.widgets.Group.Group group1;
21	    dwt.widgets.Text.Text text3;
22	    dwt.widgets.Label.Label label5;
23	    dwt.widgets.Text.Text Date;
24	    dwt.widgets.Combo.Combo Payee;
25	    dwt.widgets.Text.Text Code;
26	    dwt.widgets.Text.Text ChequeNo;
27	    dwt.widgets.Text.Text Details;
28	    dwt.widgets.Button.Button OKButton;
29	    dwt.widgets.Text.Text Credit;
30	    dwt.widgets.Text.Text Debit;
31	    dwt.widgets.Table.Table DataTable;
32	    //~Entice Designer variables end here.

Now he tells me that this compiles in windows as is .

Notice he uses a Table . When I take the same program and compile it on Linux  I must add " Import dwt.widgets.Table" or it will not compile.

Now I am wondering if your problem with d l l ' s is similar ? Some built in assumptions that Linux does not have .