Listener output

Bill Baxter dnewsgroup at billbaxter.com
Fri Apr 18 18:24:59 PDT 2008

Barry Denton wrote:
> I have a Listener added to a button as so :-
>
> button.addListener(DWT.Selection, new class Listener {
>         void handleEvent(Event event) {
>             itemWords [5] = "item has changed " ;//~ System.currentTimeMillis();
>             minitable.clear(5);  }  });
>
> When pressed the button outputs this:-
>
> Event {missing or misplaced '}'}Event {type=13 Button {Change item} time=1679601378 data={null} x=0 y=0 width=0 height=0 detail=0}
> .
> Now all is as it should be except for the  {missing or misplaced '}'}

That's a Tango thing.  Functions like formatln must have all '{' chars
escaped in the format string.  So you or DWT are using a tango string
formatter somewhere you or DWT should probably not be.  It should be
print() instead.  Yet another reason I don't love Tango for output.

> 1/ Can anybody see why I get this message?
>
> Also "System.currentTimeMillis()"is a C style request .

Looks more Java-style to me...

> 2/  is there a similar request in D for a Linux machine?

probably something in tango.time.Time.

How about this: tango.time.Time.Clock.now.time?

And if that doesn't work stick a few extra .time's .clock's or .now's on
the end and see if it does.  ;-)

--bb