File by file or all files at the same time.

Koroskin Denis 2korden at gmail.com
Tue Aug 12 02:49:55 PDT 2008

On Tue, 12 Aug 2008 11:58:12 +0400, Moritz Warning <moritzwarning at web.de>
wrote:

> On Tue, 12 Aug 2008 00:30:20 -0400, Jarrett Billingsley wrote:
>
>> "lurker" <lurker1024 at mailinator.com> wrote in message
>> news:g7qo3o$2vff$1 at digitalmars.com...
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> Hi should I compile .EXEs and .LIBs? one file at a time and link all
>>> .OBJs files or pass all files to the compiler at once?
>>>
>>> I'm on windows using both, DMD and GDC.
>>>
>>> Thanks.
>>
>> It's entirely up to you.  Or rather, it _should_ be up to your build
>> tool, because if you're not using rebuild or bud, you're probably doin
>> it wrong.
>
> I often use a makefile (available everywhere). :P
> But DSSS/rebuild or bud are easier to use.

I use a script of mine that picks up files in some directory according to
a rule defined in .build (or *.d/*.di if none present - default rule) and
outputs to stdout. An output is then redirected to some file, custom
parameters added and passed to dmd as following: "dmd @commands".

It is very fast and flexible.

btw, I use bud and dsss, too.