dwt compile problem

Ty Tower tytower at hotmail.com.au
Mon Feb 4 22:29:38 PST 2008

John Reimer Wrote:

> I'm confused with what you are doing; it doesn't appear like you are are
>       working on the windows platform here (unless this is mingw bash
> shell).
>
> Are you using Linux? If you are, dwt 3.02 does not work on linux at all.
>   The old dwt is and always was win32-only.
>
> If you would like to try the new linux version (which is still alpha
> quality), please go here:
>
> www.dsource.org/projects/dwt-linux
>
> and follow the instructions for getting the source code (until we
> establish a system for packaging and serving it).
>
> Also, feel free to ask more questions and discuss dwt in general in the
> digitalmars.d.dwt forum, if you like. :)
>
> All the best,
>
> JJR

John I am using Linux and I downloaded what appears to be a unix version as DWT_for_D1.rar  . Now it may be a windows version ,I don't know.

I can use either Tango or Phobos and am trying to compile each directories files in turn to get some sort of a widget type facility up and running for "D" use.

Now I saw the Mercurial site but after learning http,ftp,cvs,subversion etc. etc. I am not keen to have to spend the time to learn another one. They seem to be coming out monthly with new systems. I'm 62 and I want to get on with my project !!

Damn it I suppose I will have to go there .

Don't know of an out of the box widget program for "D" do you? I can't find one working and useable for  Linux