Issue: Installing D

jcc7 technocrat7 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 19 06:10:14 PST 2008

== Quote from Chris Miller (lordSaurontheGreat at gmail.com)'s article
> I've been having some major issues for a long while now trying to
> install D.  Much of it is because of my library choices, but I don't
> have a choice as to what libraries I need.
>
> I've been working to try and get a working installation of D on my
> Windows Vista workstation.  Whether it's DMD or GDC I don't really
> care.  My biggest problem is that I need Tango, Derelect, and DDBI.

I assume you've been sticking with DMD 1.x since I don't think that Tango or
Derelict (or even DDBI?) are available for DMD 2.x. (And the last time I checked
the latest DSSS wasn't compatible with the latest DMD 2.x.)

> I've totally given up on finding an IDE by now.

I guess some people use Eclipse with the Descent plug-in, but I think most people
just use a simple text editor that's setup to highlight D keywords.

I hope you get it figured out, but without more detail about what your problems
are, I don't know what more advice to give.

By the way, I use batch files for compiling and I've found that I pretty much need
the bin directories for both DMD and DSSS in the path to get DSSS to work. I don't
know if that's because I'm "doing it wrong" or what, but I can get it to work that
way. But I don't use Tango or Derelict or DDBI, so I don't know how those
complicate things.