how to install?

Kris foo at bar.com
Thu Feb 21 01:07:22 PST 2008

Hi Glen,

Just tried this myself and had no difficulties, so I'll list the steps I
went through:

1) download from the web-site. I used this link:
http://dsource.org/projects/tango/wiki/DmdDownloads  and clicked on where it
says "repository snapshot as a zip (including DMD 1.025)"

2) made a fresh folder called '\d' and expanded the zip files over there
(create a folder wherever you need it). This added a series of folders to
'\d', one if which is '\d\bin'

3) opened a console window in \d

4) I set my exe path to this \d\bin directory, using "set path=\d\bin"

5) did a "cd \d\example\console"

6) did a "jake hello.d"

And all was fine.

I think you perhaps got into a situation where the sc.ini being picked up
did not match the installation? This might happen if you have multiple
compilers in your 'path' settings, for example.

Hope this helps ...

news:fphluh$21g7$1 at digitalmars.com...