simple console input's not working...

Robert Fraser fraserofthenight at gmail.com
Fri Jun 6 15:13:38 PDT 2008

Jarrett Billingsley wrote:
> "SodiumFree" <bob at pistachios.com> wrote in message
> news:g2c3e2$2v9h$1 at digitalmars.com...
>> Thanks, both examples make the explanation a lot clearer. Rather strange
>> that something like this has made it into the book though.
>
> It's probably because Tango is not complete, and has been in a constant
> state of flux for the past year and a half since it was announced.  When
> that chapter of the book was written, that probably was the interface to
> Cin.readln.

I know it's in alpha, but I really wish the Tango devs (and Phobos, too)
would put more thought into backwards compatibility. Even if it's just a
deprecated function to forward to the new API, I'd rather it be there to
allow old programs to compile. </complaining about something I didn't
pay for or help with>