enum : bool

Jarrett Billingsley kb3ctd2 at yahoo.com
Sat Jun 14 18:20:44 PDT 2008

"Tower Ty" <towerty at msn.com.au> wrote in message
news:g31cir$16tt$1 at digitalmars.com...

> Good Jarrett . Only two states on and off.
> So you would be the man to make more of this . Our present day electronics
> are much more capable now of giving many more discernable positive states
> in charge from 0 to 5 volts ought be 6 steps of 1 volt or maybe 8 of a
> little less.
>
> If we had 8 it would be stunning in speed and capacity . Like the DNA
> UCAG codeing is much superior to on/off.
>
> In your position I wonder if you pursue any thought along those lines?

I haven't, at least not much.  Though I think there might be some merit in
analog computers that use a fully variable range of voltages (which bears a
slight resemblance to how (we think) neurons work).

Then there are quantum computers where each qubit is 1, 0, or "something
else" and I don't even want to _know_ what those are all about ;)