[OT]Re: Books...

Lars Ivar Igesund larsivar at igesund.net
Sat May 10 00:28:46 PDT 2008

Manfred Nowak wrote:

> John Reimer wrote:
>
>> I'm especially surprised people do this in the very forum in which
>> the authors participate.  Kind of a slap in their face, really.
>
> Some years ago my statement of intent to bind executables to specific
> hardware was arraigned here.
>
> I wonder how you would call that arraigning, when considering your
> statement above. For this please observe, that printing a book is also
> binding some intellectual property to some specific hardware.
>
> Please observe further, that the owners of the website holding the
> torrent promise to remove torrents for copyrighted files from their
> website on request of the copyright holder. I believe that no one is
> allowed to criticize a decision of copyright holders to take no action
> on beeing informed of a possible copyright breach. Especially is an
> information on a possible copyright breach no slap in the face of
> holder of the copyright.

If someone provided us with such information in private communication (which
is easy to accomplish), then this would be true. Bob did however provide
the information in a public forum, and did in a followup show that he
thinks such breaches of copyright are ok.

--
Lars Ivar Igesund
blog at http://larsivi.net